Privacy Collection Statement
You may deal with us by using a pseudonym, unless it is impracticable for us to respond to you if you have not identified yourself, or we are required or authorised by law to deal only with an identified person.
2. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold
In dealing with you we may collect various types of personal information depending on the circumstances of collection and goods and services provided to you. This may include:
- identification details, such as your name and date of birth;
- contact information, such as telephone numbers and email address;
- user IDs and passwords;
- records and contents of communications with us; and
- if you are applying for employment with us, personal information that is relevant to such employment.
We may also collect information relating to you use of our website, for example your IP address, device information, advertising-specific identifiers and your activities on our website.
3. How we collect and hold personal information.
We collect personal information in a number of ways. Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, when you contact or deal with us (for example, when you provide the information directly to us, when you purchase any of our goods or services, when you enquire about any item listed on our website and when you communicate with us or any other person using our website). We may also collect your personal information from third parties, for example, from finance or insurance companies providing related services to you, our related entities who may hold your personal information, and our service providers (see below).
When your personal information is no longer required, we may de-identify, delete, or securely destroy it.
4. How we use and disclose personal information
- to enable us to properly respond to your request about website services;
- to provide you with information about products or offers or to conduct surveys (if you do not want to receive these, please let us know by emailing email@example.com);
- to maintain appropriate business records and for accounting, administrative and legal requirements;
- to research, develop and improve our product and service offerings, including through staff training and collection of reviews and ratings; and
- for other purposes related to your dealings with us.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties, including:
- our network of related companies and staff;
- entities to whom you request we send your information;
- individuals and organisations if you submit an enquiry for or seek to acquire certain services from a third party supplier that are promoted or otherwise made available to you by us;
- outsourced service providers who assist us to provide our services, such as third party payment platform providers, professional advisers and technology and other technical support service providers;
- to assist government or regulatory authorities or the police; and
- as we are required by law.
Where we disclose you personal information to third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it remains protected by that third party.
5. How you may access and update your personal information
You generally have a right to access your personal information, subject to a few exceptions provided by law. To access your personal information, you can contact the i-Motor staff member you usually deal with, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Generally, there will be no charge for this service, however you may be required to verify your identity before any information is released to you. Depending on the volume, type or method of access to this information you request, i-Motor may charge you some fees, however, these will not be excessive and will not apply to the making of the request.
If at any time you believe that any personal information of yours that we hold is incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com and advise us of the correct information, and we will amend our records.
6. Links to other sites
7. How you may make a privacy complaint
If you have a complaint about the way we hold or use your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your concern, and how you would like your complaint resolved.
We will investigate your complaint and endeavour to deal with it comprehensively and reach an outcome with which all parties are satisfied. In the event you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the complaint of the investigation, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (see https://www.oaic.gov.au).
8. Transfer of personal information overseas
9. Changes to our policy
1/22-26 George Street
Sandringham VIC 3191
Phone: (03) 9964 8100
Email Address: email@example.com